Australasia Scales has extensive experience with heavy and light industrial weighing applications, and also service and repair all kinds weighing equipment. All work performed is thoroughly documented, we provide Quality Assurance Reports containing test results and service notes for each scale we supply, service or repair. All our technicians are qualified verifiers of trade approved weighing equipment and undergo regular testing and training to keep their skills in the field sharp!
When electronic and mechanical weighing equipment is installed, it should be calibrated & where applicable Trade Verified, and then periodically checked. Regular maintenance and calibration of scales and other weighing equipment is essential, as over time temperature variations, aging, power fluctuations and movement, can affect a machine´s accuracy and reliability.
Other benefits from Preventative Maintenance Plans
- Reduced production downtime, resulting from less weighing equipment breakdowns.
- Increased life expectancy of equipment, thereby eliminating premature replacement of weighing equipment.
- Timely routine repairs mean fewer large-scale repairs.
- Reduced cost of repairs by reducing secondary failures. When parts fail they usually damage other parts.
- Reduced product rejects due to better overall weighing equipment performance – Improved product quality output.
- Identification of equipment with excessive maintenance costs, indicating the need for corrective maintenance, operator training, or replacement of obsolete equipment.
Each Service provided is carried out as follows:
- Initial Inspection, with the removal of all surface debris and foreign materials, which impede or may impede working mechanism.
- Removal of covers and housing to inspect and assess the condition of all internal circuit-boards (P.C.B’s) and electrical components terminations of wires load-cells and load-cell accessories.
- Lubricate (where applicable), test, calibrate and adjust scales to correct tolerances for In Service Inspections and Verification tolerances.
- Inform customer of parts and/or repairs that are required. (Carrying out work only after obtaining approval and/or an official order number).
- Supply of all test weights, labour and mechanical equipment, including transport of test weights to and from site on routine services.
- Submission of a detailed Quality Assurance Report on completion of each service, of which one copy is supplied to the customer and one copy is kept on Australasia Scales records.
- Issued Q.A. Reports show all relevant details, including machine recognition & location.
Australasia Scales offers a fast and efficient response to all breakdowns offering 7days/24hr after hours servicing to all new and existing customers.